What's hot in hair for fall 2016
Today is the first day of autumn, and it's time to start putting your fall wardrobe together and brainstorming your look for the new season!
It's no secret that many of the newest looks begin on the runways of New York and Paris and, on the subject of women's hair style trends, they certainly did not disappoint! Harper's Bazaar paid close attention to the runway hairstyles highlighted by top designers, and some distinct trends emerged for the coming season. Drum roll please!
And now, the complete rundown:
- Texture was the buzzword for hair on the runways at Zac Posen, Chloe, Missoni and more. Whether straight, wavy or curly, texture, fullness and movement are the goals for this look, and it can be achieved by using a diffuser when drying.
- Knots were everywhere on the runways of Tory Burch, Dior, and Marchesa. The look alternated between messy, precise and even intricate. The effect was totally modern and an update to the classic chignon.
- Waves also made a splash at BCBG, Ralph Lauren and others. The waves here were not created with a curling iron, but by sleeping in buns or braids. Imperfection is more than just okay -- it's desirable!
- Antique-looking hair accessories were everywhere on the fall runways of Dolce and Gabbana, Sonya Rykiel and Tommy Hilfiger. Burnished and beautiful, like jewelry for the hair, these baubles will be making an elegant statement this fall and winter! (Lots of velvet hair ribbons were also in evidence, giving another nod to the past.)
- Finger waves (a softer version of the marcel waves of the flapper era) were also used extensively by designers like Stella McCartney and Prada.
- Precise side-parts were showcased at Jason Wu and Calvin Klein.
- Eighties-inspired hair was also a big theme at Giorgio Armani, Top Shop and Burberry specifically. The look: Mega-volume and lots of curls.
The stylists at Rita B Salon are always up on the newest hair trends, whether they emphasize styling, cut or color. Contact us for an appointment when you're ready for your new fall look!